Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Interactions (Try It)

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23441456/

The puzzles I worked on were 'whenever you press the B key, the sprite gets a little bigger. Whenever you press the S key, the sprite gets a little smaller,' 'whenever the sprite is in the top 25% of the screen, it says "I like it up here,"' and 'whenever two sprites collide, one of them says: "Excuse me."'

My strategy for solving the puzzles was inserting blocks that helped the sprite do exactly what would help solve them. For instance, since the sprites needed to talk in two of the puzzles, I knew I would have to use the 'say ___ for 2 secs' block at one point or another. Then I just built off of them until they were successful.

The B-key/S-key puzzle helped me think about my game project because it reminded me of a tool that you could use while your project was "playing"--the keyboard. It is helpful because even while your project is "playing", you can change it and the sprites around.

No comments:

Post a Comment