Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Final Scratch Project

Part 1:
The purpose of my game is to achieve 30 points and win. To do this, you have to guide the frog to eat 10 bugs in each level. The first level, set at a frog pond, is the easiest. There are no obstacles and the frog should be able to easily get 10 bugs. But, after you eat 10, the scene changes to a lake and you have to try to get to a score of 20 points while additionally avoiding a hungry duck. If you succeed in obtaining 20 points, the scene will change once more and you will again have to avoid the duck, and a fast-moving hippo. If either the duck or hippo eat the frog first, you lose! But, if you achieve 30 points without being eaten, you win!

Part 2:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23666034/

Part 3:
I started this project by thinking about what kind of game I wanted to create and what kind of characters I wanted to incorporate in the game. Once I figured out the basic purpose of the game, all I had to do was put all the blocks together to create it. To work through problems, I did a lot of "try it and test"...meaning I tried a block I thought would work, then hit the green flag to test it. If it worked with my game, I kept that block! I tested this game at multiple different points during the process, and then finally once more at the end. Once everything worked through the entire game, I knew I had finished. 




No comments:

Post a Comment